The Financial Aid Student Portal lets you find out what you still need to do to complete the financial aid process, and it lets you view your awards and determine whether you have a check.
FAFSA/WASFA Workshops held the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of every month from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm in The Learning Resource Center Bldg. 15 computer lab.
Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
- Federal Student Aid ID username and password – create one here https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. Both student and parent must have one if you are a dependent student
- 2015 1040 tax documents for yourself and/or parents if you are attending July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
- 2016 1040 tax documents for yourself and/or parents if you are attending July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Documentation of any untaxed income the household receives
- Your username is your social security number, not your student ID. Your password is the same pin you set up when registering for classes.
- If your birthday is between January and September, do not include the leading zero in the six-digit birth date. For example, if your birthday were March 29, 1971, you would enter 32971.
- If you changed your registration pin from your birth date to a four-digit number, you will have to add a 0 to the beginning of the four-digit pin to access the Financial Aid Student Portal. For example, if your current pin number were 5371, to access the Financial Aid Student Portal you would enter 05371.
The FAFSA is only one piece of the application process. All required items shown in the Financial Aid Student Portal (Data Sheet, Verification Worksheet, IRS Tax Return Transcript. Etc.) must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office no later than 5:00 pm on the priority processing deadline dates listed below:
- April 14, 2017
- July 14, 2017
- October 27, 2017
- February 16, 2018
Please visit www.cptc.edu/financial-aid for more financial aid information.