In the event of an emergency or accident, the employee present (or first at the scene) is expected to take charge until relieved by an administrator or appropriate public official. Listed below are the procedures you should follow in an emergency or accident.
- Call Campus Security, x5682. If you cannot reach security, call 9-911. If you are not sure whether or not to call 9-911, call them anyway.
- Provide first aid if you are qualified, and if you want to.
- Appoint a person to meet the medic unit and direct them to the scene.
- Do not move the injured person(s) unless there is further danger of injury by being left in the present location, i.e., fire, building collapse, electrical.
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, information pertaining to all illness or injury accidents occurring on campus will be recorded within 24 hours (WAC 296-24). An Accidental Injury or Occupational Illness Report will be completed. The forms are available in the office of the Risk Manager.