Skip to main content
Spring Quarter 2017 Registration is now open. Visit www.cptc.edu/register for complete details.
Indoctrinate new full/part-time employees within fourteen (14) days from first day of work.
- Provide overview of the college infrastructure
- Meet the President (video)
- Understand college vision / mission
- Show mandatory video training; i.e. Safety, Blood borne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment
- The Vice President for Human Resources will oversee the New Employee Orientation Program.
- The Classified and IUOE non-exempt new employee will be sponsored and the orientation coordinated by the Union Presidents.
- New faculty will be sponsored and orientation coordinated by the Faculty Mentor/Assistance Coordinator.
- New administrators will be sponsored and the orientation coordinated by a vice president or other level of administrator.
- The Human Resources Generalist will inform the Vice President for Human Resources of new full-time employees.
- The Vice President for Human Resources or a Human Resources Generalist will contact the IUOE/Classified non-exempt staff Union President and the Faculty Mentor/Assistance Coordinator.
- The Classified/IUOE Union President and Faculty Mentor/Assistance Coordinator will provide a sponsor for the new employees.
- The sponsors will contact the Vice President for Human Resources or his/her designee for instructions and sponsor check list. (Attachment 1)
- Sponsors will contact the new employee to schedule orientation.
- Sponsors will accomplish the following:
- Use the New Employee Orientation Checklist to complete new employee’s orientation
- Coordinate with other sponsors so as to schedule group meetings as much as possible.The Vice President for Human Resources will provide the names of other sponsors currently active.
- Complete new employee orientation no later than ten (10) working days from assignment as sponsor.
- Return checklist to Vice President for Human Resources when checklist has been completed.
- Supervisors of new employees will provide time for their new employee (and sponsor) to be oriented within ten (10) workdays.