All purchasing will be done following appropriate state and local guidelines. For any specific issue, contact your immediate supervisor or the Vice President Finance and Budget.
The following guidelines are intended to minimize delay in obtaining needed supplies and instructional materials.
Purchase Requisition Worksheets (Pink)
A. COMPLETE ALL UNSHADED AREAS:
- Supplier - Provide suggested vendor/suppliers name. Please write out all abbreviations for clarity. If supplier is unknown, note to be determined by CPTC Purchasing.
- Address - Provide suggested vendor/suppliers complete address including city, state and zip code, if available.
- Phone Number - Provide telephone number of suggested vendor/ supplier; give area code, if different from (253). Also list FAX number if available.
- Contact Person - Provide the full name of the individual to contact or a special department name if necessary.
- Date Initiated - Date request was written and submitted.
- Date Required - Date services or materials are required for usage. Be specific; do not indicate "ASAP" or "Immediate". A date is required even in an emergency.
- Deliver to Building No. - Complete with proper delivery information
- Requested By - Initiator (instructor, supervisor, etc.). Please write full name. There are many employees with the same last name and in some cases the first initial.
- BAC - Shaded area -do not complete. Coding to be completed by Supervisor.
- Supervisor Approval - Shaded area - do not complete. Signature of individual who is authorized to approve worksheet request.
- Item Number - List in sequence: 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Quantity Ordered - Note amount required.
- Unit - List per each, per roll, per case, per 100 (C), per 1,000 (M), per gross, etc.
- Description - Use complete description of item. Include the following information/comments if available and applicable:
- Manufacturers part number or stock number
- Model number
- Indicate if no substitutions will be accepted.
- Indicate if you wish vendor/supplier to cancel items which they do not have in stock
- If an emergency state on form
- Indicate special delivery instructions; i.e., contact individual, telephone extension number, special times to deliver, etc.
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR SPECIFIC REQUESTS
Repair/Calibration Purchase Requests
- Serial number (or Clover Park Technical College tag number if serial number is not available)
- Item model or type
- If item is to be repaired, briefly note problem or name of individual to contact to explain what services are required of supplier/vendor
- Amount item is worth (this is for insurance purposes during shipment)
- "Ceiling" price - the dollar amount repair/calibration costs are not to exceed
- Location of item if warehouse is to pick up (Building number/room number, contact person's name/phone extension)
- Special time for pickup, if necessary
- Special packing instructions, if necessary
- Note if item is not to be shipped, and whether department will deliver to vendor/supplier
- Note if item will be picked up by department when repairs/calibrations are completed (if shipping was not required)
Equipment Purchase Requests
- Indicate if item is to be tested before being permanently tagged for inventory (if required)
- Indicate if a trade-in item is part of purchase. If so, attach Fixed Asset Inventory Form 5A-1852 to remove from fixed asset inventory
- Be sure to complete inventory information at the bottom of the worksheet
- If these item(s) requested exceed $3,000 in cost, the college is required to solicit quotations from at least three (3) competitive sources. If your request falls within this category, please include complete specifications and any known sources of supply for the item(s).
Book Store/Book Orders (see separate instructions- General CPTC Purchasing Procedures) Book Orders are processed through the Book Store quarterly on a textbook requisition form provided by the Book Store.
- Unit Price - Indicate unit price of item, if known. If price is not known, indicate a "ceiling price" vendor is not to exceed.
- Total Price - Indicate total price if for the lot, or extend the price for requests of more than one item.
- Object: 1 Check Per Item - Check appropriate box for each item ordered. See box above this section on worksheet for description/explanations.
- Inventory Information - - - > Fixed Asset System
Accountable: Check yes if ordering equipment which will be listed on inventory. Be sure to indicate specific line item if not all items on request are to be inventoried. Please note if items are to be split between departments. Check no if item/s will not be inventoried.
Grant No. - List number if applicable
Dept/Room - Department number and room number location where item will be located for inventory
Delivery - List Building number/room number - please note if Location/Bldg - different from inventory location
- Department Number - Requesters department number
- Program (check one only)
Check the appropriate box that applies to the program Instruction - Career Preparatory - (Entry level training); Instruction - Cont. Ed. Supplemental - (Trade extension and apprenticeship, evening programs); Instruction - Job Account Preparatory - (Realistic Training); (Note: Fee list items are purchased directly by the Book Store); Other: Describe as necessary.
Forward to supervisor for approval.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Place orders yourself. Only CPTC Purchasing may place the order.
- Allow vendor to deliver or pick up items until completed purchase requisition is received.
- Give vendors a purchase requisition or number prior to order placement by CPTC Purchasing.
B. Library Purchase Requests
When you require items from the Resource Center/Library, a Purchase Requisition Worksheet is completed and approved by your supervisor. The signed worksheet and any corresponding information are then forwarded to Library for processing. A Purchase Order is typed by the library staff. All completed Purchase Orders are forwarded to Administration for approval.
Please keep a copy of all worksheets that are forwarded to the Library for future reference. Any questions regarding worksheets, or requisitions are to be directed to the Library staff.
C. Blanket Purchase Order Requisitions
Blanket Purchase Orders may be obtained for use with vendors/suppliers that departments purchase from frequently or on a time sensitive basis. Specific instructions are available from your program supervisor.
Blanket Purchase Order Requisitions use a "printed” form. Requesters route completed Blanket Purchase Orders according to CPTC flow chart. The approved Blanket Purchase Orders are forwarded to CPTC purchasing.
- Blanket Purchase Order Requisition Change Orders (BPO C/O)- Blanket Purchase Order Change Orders use an "unprinted" purchase order form referencing the original Blanket Purchase Order Purchase Requisition number. Change orders require the same signatures as those on the original Blanket Purchase Order Requisition, and are routed accordingly.
- Blanket Purchase Order Withdrawals (W/D's)- Blanket Purchase Order Withdrawal forms are numbered, in red, in the upper right hand corner. For additional pages, an unnumbered form is used and the original withdrawal number is referenced.BPO W/D's always refer to the original Blanket Purchase Order Requisition Number. There are six pages to each BPO W/D Form:
Given to supplier only if requested
To be sent to CPTC Purchasing along with pink copy and receiving papers
For the originator to use if additional copies are needed. This may be destroyed.
This copy is stapled to any receiving documents. A supervisor's signature is required on the pink copy (along with the individual who is authorized to sign upon receipt). Also see Page 6 "Goldenrod" instructions.
This copy is for the originator's file
This copy is used if receiving(Carbon) document is not available. If used in place of receiving document, signature must be in ink on goldenrod copy. Please note if you choose to use the goldenrod as a substitute to avoid confusion.
Both the pink and green copies (the green copy is paper clipped to the pink), when signed, are placed in the CPTC mailroom accounts payable mailbox. If any additional copies are received, they are returned to the originator. Please complete BPO W/D form (extend all items, add known tax/shipping charges, and total correctly). If an invoice is completed and accurate, and is several pages in length, you may reference invoice number and attach instead of completing the body of the withdrawal.
C. Receiving Supplies, Equipment and Services
These procedures set forth the guidelines for receipt of supplies, equipment and services that have been ordered through the Clover Park Technical College purchasing system. All merchandise delivered by the CPTC Warehouse requires the signature of the receiving staff person. NO STUDENT SIGNATURES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
Most items received will be shipped to the Central Receiving Department of the College which is located in the Central Receiving Warehouse (Bldg 22). The determination of whether to ship the items to Central Receiving or to the department, will be determined at the time the order is placed by the Purchasing Department.
If an item is to be shipped to your location, the goldenrod copy of the purchase requisition or purchase order will be sent to you.
3. RECEIVING REPORT / DELIVERY RECEIPT
The Receiving Report is filled out in Central Receiving for items received there. When the items reach their destination, the person taking delivery will sign and date the Delivery Receipt copies and retain the goldenrod copy for the office records.
If the item received is a fixed asset, the Delivery Receipt will be accompanied by a fixed asset inventory receipt form which will also require signature.
If there are any discrepancies between the received merchandise and the order, notify the Purchasing Department immediately. DO NOT CONTACT THE SUPPLIER OR SHIPPER.
4. INSPECTING GOODS RECEIVED
The person receiving and signing for goods or services on behalf of the College, whether in Central Receiving or a department, has the complete responsibility for noting the accuracy and condition of each item at the time of receipt. Shipments should be checked the day of receipt.
Be sure to inspect all cartons for exterior damage prior to signing the delivery receipt. Check for damage even if the item has been received in the Central Receiving Department. If damage is apparent, note same on the delivery receipt (both the delivery person’s copy and your copy.) Failure to follow these procedures indicates the shipment was accepted in good condition, allowing no recourse for recovering any monetary loss by the College.
Open all cartons immediately and inspect contents for concealed damage. If damage is noted, contact the Purchasing Department. DO NOT CONTACT THE SUPPLIER OR SHIPPER.
Keep damaged items and cartons in which they were received until notified by the Purchasing Department as to disposition.
Receiving documentation which authorizes vendor/supplier payments must be signed with a full signature (not initialed) by a College employee. A student signature or facsimile signature is insufficient.
The reason for this regulation is that only a College employee may act as an agent for the College.
6. RECEIVING DOCUMENTATION
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES DO NOT APPLY TO A DEPARTMENT IF THE ITEMS HAVE BEEN FIRST PROCESSED THROUGH CENTRAL RECEIVING.
Central Receiving personnel will process receiving documentation for items received by them. If you are responsible for processing receiving documentation, the goldenrod copy of the requisition/purchase order will have been sent to you by Purchasing.
NOTE: One of the following signed types of receiving documentation is required for all goods and services received and requiring payment by the College:
Goldenrod copy of Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order/Blanket Purchase Order Withdrawal
Packing slips, goldenrod copies of purchase orders, and any additional receiving documentation are to be processed daily and sent to the Accounts Payable Department. Any invoices received should be forwarded to Accounts Payable.
- Do not use freight bills for packing slips.
- Verify the purchase order number and supplier’s name on the packing slip.
- Verify the quantity received. If there is no variation in the quantity as shown on the packing slip, place a check mark next to the quantity of each item. If there is a variation in the quantity received from that shown on the packing slip, one of the following courses of action shall be taken:
- If the packing slip indicates that an item was shipped but you have not received it, write “not received” beside the item description on the packing slip.
- If the quantity received is less or more than indicated on the packing slip, indicate the exact number of items received next to the quantity shown on the packing slip.
- Check for other discrepancies between what was ordered and what was received; i.e., wrong color, wrong merchandise, substitutions, changes in package size. Make a note of the discrepancy on the packing slip.
NOTE: Notify the Purchasing Department immediately of any discrepancies in your order. DO NOT CONTACT THE SUPPLIER OR SHIPPER.
- Sign your name in full (do not use initials), date the packing slip, and forward it to Accounts Payable. If the item received is a fixed asset, it must be signed by the administrator responsible for inventory or delegate.
7. PARTIAL SHIPMENTS
Make a copy of the goldenrod and:
- Indicate the quantity received and date received for each item number in the space provided. Notify the Purchasing Department immediately of any discrepancies in your order. DO NOT CONTACT THE SUPPLIER OR SHIPPER.
- CHECK THE BOX MARKED, “Partial.”
- 3. Sign your name in full (not initials), put the date in the space provided and forward to Accounts Payable. If the item received is a fixed asset, it must be signed by the administrator responsible for inventory or delegate.
NOTE: When receiving merchandise against the goldenrod copy of a Blanket Purchase Order Withdrawal, sign and date the copy indicating if the withdrawal receipt is partial or complete. This signature/date is in addition to the “authorized signature” appearing on the bottom of the form.
8. RECEIVING FIXED ASSET INVENTORY ITEMS
The Central Receiving Department is responsible for processing all new fixed asset inventory items received in the Central Receiving area. If a fixed asset item has been received directly by a department, upon forwarding of the receiving information, Central Receiving will come to the item location to identify the item(s) and collect any further information required.
There will be exceptions in certain circumstances that do not lend themselves to submitting receiving on items via a packing list, college-receiving report; i.e., monthly rental charges, UPS billings, etc. In these cases, a signed and dated copy of the supplier invoice will be an acceptable form of receiving documentation.
If you have any questions relative to the handling and processing of receiving documents, contact the Accounts Payable Office.
Procedure for Identifying and Purchasing Information Technology (IT)
1. Definition: Information Technology (IT)
The resource requirements and associated information management activities employed in the development, use, integration, and management of electronically stored and transmitted information. IT includes all resources and activities employed in the acquisition, development, collection, processing, integration, transmission, dissemination, distribution, use, retention, retrieval, maintenance, access, disposal, and management of information. Information resources include policy, procedures, data, equipment, and applications and related personnel, services, facilities, and organizations.
The Director of Institutional Technology is responsible for the development and implementation of the Clover Park Technical College Information Technology (IT) Master Plan. All upgrades, additions or modifications to existing hardware, software and services must conform to the CPTC IT Master Plan. Requests for IT purchases exceeding $500.00 will be forwarded through the first line supervisor to the Director of Institutional Technology utilizing the Capability Requirement (CAPR) format identified below. The approved/disapproved CAPR will be returned to the originator for additional justification or to be used as an enclosure to a Purchase Order.
2. CAPABILITY REQUIREMENT (CAPR) REQUEST FORMAT TO: Director, Institutional Technology
CAPR NUMBER: Leave Blank.
DATE OF REQUEST: self-explanatory.
SERVICE REQUIREMENT DATE: Date the service/requirement must be available for the user.
REQUESTING ORGANIZATION AND LOCATION: Department, and building number/ room number (destination of hardware requests).
TYPE OF REQUIREMENT: pick one of the following:
- Automation Equipment
- Automation Service
- Communications Equipment
- Communications Service
- Instructional Equipment
- Video Equipment
POINT OF CONTACT: Name and telephone number of the person who the requestor wants to coordinate/manage the implementation.
- Deficiency or problem. What deficiency exists, or what problem has arisen which prompts you to ask for IT equipment or services? Do you have a new job requirement? Has your staffing level been significantly increased or reduced? Has your workload significantly increased? Why do you need the service or equipment you are requesting?
- Solution. How will the IT equipment or service meet your deficiency or solve your problem? How will you use the equipment or service to improve your operation/activity? What tasks/functions will be automated, improved or changed? Attach a draft Purchase Order (PO) identifying required IT equipment or services.
- Cost Savings. Discuss in detail the savings that will result from the use of the requested IT equipment or service. Will you have manpower savings or other hard dollar reductions? Do you anticipate any cost avoidance? Specify how much the dollar savings will be and where you expect the savings to come from. What do you intend to do with the savings? If none indicate (none).
- Cost Increases. Identify source of funding. If this is an Unfunded Requirement(UFR) have cabinet level supervisor integrate this CAPR into a consolidated, prioritized UFR list.
- Other benefits. What other non-monetary benefits will accrue from the use of the requested equipment or service? Do you expect improved instructional capabilities, productivity gains, error rate reductions, or timeliness improvements that will contribute to the accomplishment of the mission? Quantify the non-monetary benefits (e.g. percent reduction in error rate, minutes or hours saved in report preparation, etc.)
CHANGES TO EXISTING SERVICE:
Provide details covering the number and types of equipment currently on-hand and in-use. Discuss any changes to the equipment on-hand that will result from the filing of this CAPR. Specify the number of staff and faculty involved in the function/activity to be changed and any additions/reductions to this staffing level. If the requested resource or service involves expansion, modernization, or increased capability of an existing resource or service, identify what is to be changed and discuss why the change is required.
Explain how physical security is to be provided.
If the requested resource or service must be compatible with existing resources or services, explain. Identify related systems, equipment, interfaces, interoperability requirements, component of campus/building network etc.
IMPACT IF NOT PROVIDED:
Explain what will happen if this requirement is not satisfied.
Limit to explanation/information not otherwise covered.
For example, if there are there unique training requirements, who will provide the training and how much will it cost? Are there any physical modifications required? Is there adequate power? Will you require installation support?
This signature indicates approval by a Cabinet level authority.
Procedure for Procurement Card Purchases
To outline the procedure for issuance and use of the State of Washington Procurement Card.
Requesting Credit Card:
Requests for procurement cards shall be through the department Director/Division Dean and approved by the divisional Vice President.
The divisional Vice President shall forward approved requests to the Vice President of Finance and Budget for review and processing.
The Purchasing Department will issue approved cards to the cardholder along with instructions for use and credit limit restrictions and reconciliation forms.
Credit Card Usage:
Cards are to be used for College purchases only.
Cards may not be used for:
- Obtaining cash advances.
- Making personal purchases.
- Purchasing materials or services from a member of the cardholder's family.
- Purchasing equipment, materials or supplies restricted by policies, guidelines or contract agreements.
This program is intended to supplement the College's purchasing needs and to streamline payment procedures and reduce administrative burdens associated with purchasing of supplies and services. This program is not to be used for capital items or normal purchases, which are to be, submitted to the Purchasing Department on College purchase requisitions.
Job Account Purchases:
Procurement card purchases for job account items are to be in accordance with program needs and are to be traceable to the program's job account plan and work orders.
Operational Purchases (Non-Job Account):
Procurement card purchases for operational items are to conform to all state purchasing guidelines and regulations as follows:
Purchases of $3,000 and above are to be reviewed and approved by the college's Purchasing Department prior to any purchase to ensure that competitive acquisition requirements are being met.
Procurement Card Receipts and Statement Reconciliation:
Receipts are very important; save them. State and College policies require receipts for audit and reconciliation purposes. If you misplace a receipt, request a duplicate from the supplier.
Procurement card custodians are required to enter all purchases using the procurement cards on the College's Purchasing Card Activity/Reconciliation Log (copy attached).
Monthly, a memo billing listing all charges for the billing period will be sent directly to the card custodian. The card custodian is to reconcile the memo billing to the Activity/Reconciliation Log, sign it and retain the custodian copy and forward the original with all receipts to the department Director/Division Dean/Vice President for review and approval.
Reconciliation shall be done by the card custodian in a timely manner (within 7-10 working days). Failure to reconcile monthly statements in a timely manner will be grounds for termination of credit card privileges.
Lost cards must be reported to the Purchasing Department immediately. Failure to report lost cards could result in the department being responsible for unauthorized charges.
If you identify a problem on your monthly memo statement, try to resolve it with the supplier. If you are not successful, notify First USA by telephone, using the toll-free number on the monthly memo statement. Additionally, note the disputed purchase on the Log and forward a brief note with the Log, explaining why the charge is in dispute.
Once the disputed charge has been called in to First USA, they will send the card custodian a letter requesting further information on the dispute and ask the card custodian to sign the letter and return the letter for First USA. (The card custodian is to forward a copy of the signed letter to the Purchasing Department.)
First USA will research the disputed charges and make necessary adjustments to the account.