Skip to main content
The CPTC Bookstore will be closed November 24-December 4, 2016.
Auto Collision Technician Program Outcomes
- Work safely and responsibly within safety and environmental guideline standards for a shop.
- Identify, care for and use hand and power tools.
- Arrange welding equipment and select proper equipment for heating, cutting and MIG welding.
- Identify types of plastic and select correct repair material for proper repair.
- Identify types of glass, installation materials and install/adjust auto glass.
- Shrink, stretch, and straighten metal. Mix and apply plastic filler.
- Inspect, remove, install, align panels, doors and trim to meet ship standards.
- Diagnose, twist, mash, sag and side sway. Set up and measure and pull to align.
- Explain and identify wheel alignment, brake systems, mechanical components and passenger restraint systems.
- Evaluate collision damage and enter information into computer to achieve an accurate repair cost.
- Select specific materials and prepare surfaces to be top coated.
- Determine type of paint, apply topcoat and blend finishes.
- Correct surface defects and final clean vehicles inside and out for delivery.