Skip to main content
The CPTC Bookstore will be closed November 24-December 4, 2016.
Dental Assistant Program Outcomes
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with team members and patients including confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Select appropriate instruments, materials, and equipment for various dental procedures.
- Maintain aseptic technique and apply maintenance of infection control pre-operatively, during patient care, and post-operatively according to OSHA regulations.
- Anticipate the dentist’s needs based on the procedure being performed.
- Correctly identify facial landmarks and dental anatomy.
- Utilize critical thinking in evaluating information, making decisions and completing projects.
- Evaluate work quality and generate recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Maintain conduct in a manner appropriate with dental standards in compliance with state and federal law.
- Multitask and demonstrate flexibility as it pertains to changes in daily routines and scheduled procedures.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments. Demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Obtain employment in the dental field or pursue advanced education.
- Successfully complete all three components of the Dental Assistant National Board exam to become a Certified Dental Assistant.