Skip to main content
Winter Quarter Financial Aid Deadline is Friday, October 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm. See the Financial Aid Office in Bldg 17 for more details.
Heating & Air Conditioning Refrigeration/Service Technician Program Outcomes
- Safely and effectively inspect, diagnose, disassemble, repair, replace and service various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Locate sources, make parts write-up, calculate costs and explain repair or service.
- Handle customer needs, complaints, questions, and special challenges.
- Access and apply manufacturer’s specifications in repair and replacement.
- Work safely and responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrate computer competency (1) for accessing HVAC/R data on the Internet and (2) through fault resolution in computer simulation programs.
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow students, fellow technicians, supervisors and suppliers.
- Possess national certifications to achieve credibility in the HVAC/R field at the entry-level.
- Work independently and in groups to service, repair, test and maintain various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Describe employer expectations for entry-level employees within the HVAC/R industry workplace.
- Use technology and appropriate test equipment and tools to test various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Work with accuracy, dependability, proficiency and in a timely manner when servicing equipment.
- Identify and develop a strategy for a career plan within HVAC/R field.
- Graduates mastering the HVAC/R program will be employable in the industry.
- Employers of CPTC graduates in the HVAC/R program will be very satisfied with those who mastered our program.