Skip to main content
Winter Quarter Financial Aid Deadline is Friday, October 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm. See the Financial Aid Office in Bldg 17 for more details.
Interior Design Program Outcomes
- Follow a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process.
- Apply diverse ideas, approaches, imaginative concepts, and rationalization to interior design projects.
- Apply the basic elements and principles of design theory.
- Develop design programs and concepts that solve spatial problems.
- Evaluate the interior living and working spaces as it impacts orientation, circulation, interior zoning, and furniture arrangement.
- Apply creative and technical solutions within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.
- Create designs in response to and coordinate with the building shell and acknowledge the physical location and social context of the project.
- Adhere to current code and regulatory requirements as they relate to the interior environment.
- Encourage the principles of environmental sustainability.
- Develop aesthetically attractive and functional solutions that enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants.
- Protect and enhance the health, life safety and welfare of the public in spaces they design.
- Present interior design projects using verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Produce an interior space that fulfills the project goals whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied.
- Maintain standards of professional and personal conduct that will reflect in a responsible manner of the profession.