Skip to main content
Spring Quarter 2017 Registration is now open. Visit www.cptc.edu/register for complete details.
Computer Information Technology Program Outcomes
- Successfully program in two or more programming languages. Program in Visual Basic, Java, C# or C++/PHP.
- Query two or more databases using structured query language. Learn to use Mysql, Access, Sql Server to query the data using SQL.
- Work with a team to design, develop, and test an application.
- Use software engineering principles to manage software lifecycle development – write use cases, implement use cases with a formal language, and test using testing frameworks.
- Document software and methods for technical as well as end use.
- Work with local industry partners or self-proposed project to apply technical skills and standards.
- Use source control software to manage and maintain code within a team.
- Prepare to work in the field of information technology as analysts, programmers, testers, web programmers, and operations support personnel.
- Script websites using different web technologies to create static as well as dynamic websites.
- Debug and troubleshoot programs to identify and fix defects.
- Design and develop a user interface, code the application features for a Smartphone, an iPhone or an Android.
- Test whether a student can take an existing program and find the bug that needs to be fixed.