Skip to main content
The CPTC Bookstore will be closed November 24-December 4, 2016.
Mechatronics Program Outcomes
- Work safely and responsibly within safety and environmental guideline standards.
- Identify, care for, and use tools and workshop equipment appropriately.
- Read and interpret CAD drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Explain how 5S techniques can be used to organize an efficient working environment.
- Use root cause analysis techniques to troubleshoot problems.
- Solve design problems through the application of basic physical and mathematical principles.
- Design automated systems using simulation software.
- Set up and repair electrical equipment.
- Set up and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Set up and repair belt- and chain-driven mechanical systems.
- Recommend appropriate sensors and actuators for use in a variety of industrial situations.
- Utilize programmable logic controllers to implement automated processes.
- Program robotic systems to perform a variety of tasks.
- Write clear technical reports and documentation.