Upon successful completion of the Medical Assistant degree, students will:
- Perform patient intake by interpreting new information and asking clarifying questions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team atmosphere through collaborative work habits and attitudes.
- Demonstrate ethical and legal behaviors by following standards, policies, and procedures of the medical assistant scope of practice.
- Show technical literacy by utilizing specialized software; retrieving, managing, and interpreting data using specialized software.
- Perform a variety of clinical and/or administrative tasks safely and effectively as an entry level medical assistant.
- Qualify to take a national certification exam to become credentialed in the State of Washington.
- Utilize the knowledge of the credentialing process to apply for an interim medical assistant certification.