Skip to main content
Spring Quarter 2017 Registration is now open. Visit www.cptc.edu/register for complete details.
Surgical Technology Program Outcomes
- Correlate the knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology to their role as a surgical technologist.
- Demonstrate a safe level of practice and knowledge in their role as a surgical technologist.
- Acquire an understanding of the ethical, legal, moral, and medical values related to the patient and the operating room team during the perioperative experience.
- Correlate the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used during the perioperative experience.
- Demonstrate safe practice techniques in regards to perioperative routines, patient transportation, positioning, and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate and integrate principles of surgical asepsis as part of the perioperative experience.
- Apply knowledge and skills as a professional surgical technologist to address the biopsychosocial needs of the surgical patient.
- Perform as a competent entry-level surgical technologist in the cognitive, psychomotor, and effective learning domains.
- Value the professional attributes of the surgical technologist.
In 2013-14, our graduating students had a CST Exam pass rate of 100%.