Tuition and Fees

For 2013-2014 Academic Year

Number of Credits Resident Tuition & Fees Non-Resident Tuition & Fees
1 $108.76 $280.76
2 $217.52 $561.52
3 $326.28 $842.28
4 $435.04 $1,123.04
5 $543.80 $1,403.80
6 $652.56 $1,684.56
7 $761.32 $1,965.32
8 $870.08 $2,246.08
9 $978.84 $2,526.84
10 $1,087.60 $2,807.60
11 $1,146.94 $2,871.95
12 $1,206.28 $2,936.30
13 $1,253.12 $2,988.15
14 $1,299.96 $3,040.00
15 $1,346.80 $3,091.85
16 $1,393.64 $3,143.70
17 $1,440.48 $3,195.55
18 $1,487.32 $3,247.40
19 $1,583.58 $3,515.66
20 $1,679.84 $3,783.92
21 $1,776.10 $4,052.18
22 $1,872.36 $4,320.44
23 $1,968.62 $4,588.70
24 $2,064.88 $4,856.96
25 $2,161.14 $5,125.22
26 $2,257.40 $5,393.48
27 $2,353.66 $5,661.74
28 $2,449.92 $5,930.00
29 $2,546.18 $6,198.26
30 $2,642.44 $6,466.52

Quarterly Fees

Student Activities Fee $7.50 per credit to a maximum of $90 per quarter
Security & Safety Fee $1.25 per credit to a maximum of $15 per quarter
ASG Building Fee $3.75 per credit to a maximum of $45 per quarter

Cost of Attending College

The following budget figures have been approved by the Washington Financial Aid Association and CPTC. They are provided as a guide to estimate what it would cost to attend CPTC for nine months (three quarters).

  Dependent
Parent/Relative
Independent
Living with Parent/Relative
Resident
Not living with Parent/Relative
Tuition $5,367 $5,367 $5,367
Books & Supplies $1,026 $1,026 $1,026
Room & Board $3,174 $7,392 $9,492
Transportation $1,344 $1,572 $1,296
Personal $1,614 $1,932 $1,974
Total $12,525 $17,289 $19,155

 

Additional Fees

Additional fees may be charged for a specific class and are listed at the end of the course descriptions in the Quarterly Class Schedule.

Students under age 21 who enroll under Running Start or Elective High School (EHS) do not pay an admission fee and are eligible for tuition waivers subject to the provisions of each program. Students enrolled in RS and EHS are expected to pay the Assessment Fee, lab/supply fees, safety/security fees, consumables, books, tools, transportation and other costs required for their program of study. The college may require students to pay a refundable deposit for tools loaned to them. Once a student graduates from high school, he or she is no longer eligible for these programs and will be required to pay the full tuition and fees.

Self-Support Classes are 100 percent funded through student fees and information on offerings is available in the quarterly class schedule. Fees vary by course.

A current fee list for each career program is available here or by calling 253-589-5548. Students should obtain all tuition and fee information prior to registration.

Acceptable payment methods are check, cash, money order, Visa or MasterCard. If an agency or scholarship is paying a student’s tuition, the payment authorization must be on file at Clover Park Technical College in order to complete the registration process. Failure to meet financial obligations to the College will result in withdrawal from classes as well as the withholding of degrees and transcripts.

Tuition rates are set by the College in accordance with state law, and are subject to change for all enrolled students at the time of the change.

Washington State & the Cost of Education

The State of Washington contributes approximately 62 percent of the cost of students' education through an allocation to the college. Students are responsible for the remaining 38 percent. Eligible students may also receive state-supported financial aid, and federal, state, and foundation support is available — visit the financial aid page for details.