Your free and required email account is compliments of Clover Park Technical College. Using your student e-mail will help you keep up-to-date on Clover Park Technical College information and events as well as communicate with faculty and other Clover Park Tech students.
Your college issued email address is also your log in for the college network. Your account and e-mail should be ready within two (2) business days of your application acceptance.
All college correspondence will be sent to your college issued email address and you are responsible to check your account regularly or forward to your preferred account.
If students wish to use their student email with a mobile phone, please follow the instructions for setting up your CPTC email on your mobile phone:
Please view the following instructions on how to configure your smartphone to access your Clover Park Technical College student e-mail account on supported phone models:
If any students are having problems setting up their account, please direct them to the Learning Resource Center Help Desk, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 253-589-5820.
Accessing Your Email Account
Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password.
Step 1: New Email Accounts
Your free and required CPTC student email account is created automatically within one business day of your application acceptance. Instructions for setting up your account are sent to the email address you provided the college at the time of admission. Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password. To set up your student email, follow these steps:
- Go to CPTC Student Email Setup.
- Enter Username and Password according to these guidelines:
1. Your username is composed of your last name (in lowercase letters) as recorded in the Registrar’s office, and the last four digits of your CPTC Student ID number (not your Social Security number), followed by “@student.cptc.edu.”
2. Your default password is your date of birth. Enter your DOB as YYYYMMDD. Example: July 17, 1980 is 19800717.
3. If you experience difficulty logging in, please check your records to verify that your last name and date of birth as recorded with the Registrar’s Office are accurate.
We recommend unchecking the stay signed in option. Activating this option allows anyone using that computer to access your username.
Step 2: Change Your Password
We recommend that you immediately change your password to prevent misuse of your account. To change your password, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your student email account.
2. Go to your inbox.
3. Click on your username in the top-right corner.
4. Click “Account.”
5. Click “Security.”
6. Click “Change Password.”
7. Enter your current and new passwords – your new password must be at least 8 characters.
8. Click “Change Password.”
Step 3: Log In
Use your student email address to log in to computers on campus, and to access your email with Gmail.
For more help:
If you are having problems setting up your account, please contact the Learning Resource Center Help Desk at 253-589-5820 Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri from 8am -4:30pm. Wed from 8am - 6pm.