Why Choose the Medical Histology Technician Program?
Medical histology technicians study abnormal or pathological tissues by slicing and staining sections of human tissue for microscopic examination. Our program stresses practical application and the development of job skills, as well as medical histotechnology theory, and is designed to enhance students' abilities to reason, understand, and apply correct principles by teaching analytical and critical thinking skills. The program balances classroom and lab work with time spent in a clinical rotation and provides a strong theoretical foundation to benefit both new entrants into the field and incumbent workers while preparing students to sit for the National Board Certification Exam. If you enjoy science, microscopic examination and helping people, this program and career path may be the perfect fit.
How Long It Takes:
The histology programs current three-year pass rate on the National certification exam is 84%
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees.
The Clover Park Technical College Medical Histology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) 8410 West Bryn Mawr, Suite 670 Chicago, Illinois 60631 (773) 714-8880
Median annual pay in Washington:
$43,600 per year
This is not a guarantee of employment or a certain wage. Full career data available at careerinfo.net.
Medical Histology Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Medical Histology Technician program, students will:
- The histology student will be prepared and qualified to sit for the National Certification exam.
- The histology student will understand and comply with National requirements of continuing education to maintain certification.
- The histology student will perform, manipulate and troubleshoot a variety of histology skills safely and efficiently.
- The histology student will demonstrate effective communication, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, supervisors, clients and physicians.
- The histology student will demonstrate and maintain a medical professional code of conduct.
- The histology student will comply with employer quality and performance standards.
- The histology student will be able to develop, utilize, maintain and interpret documentation of a scientific nature related to histology.
Meet Your Instructors
Anita Ostrander, BA, HT (ASCP)QIHC
Rebecca L. Haggerty HT ASCP