What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination based on sex in any educational program or activity that receives financial support from the Federal government. Under Title IX, discrimination based on sex includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, and sexual assault. Title IX also prohibits retaliation against individuals who complain about or participate in an investigation regarding an alleged Title IX violation.
Who do I report concerns to?
In non-emergency situations, please report sexual harassment, sexual assault, or any sexual misconduct to the following individual:
Title IX Coordinator and
VP of Strategic Development
CPTC Lakewood Campus, Building 19, Foundation Office
Title IX Grievance Procedures
- CPTC Policy and Procedure (Policy 2:2)
Clover Park Technical College Campus Safety
- Contact 253-589-5603
Clover Park Technical College Student Counseling Center: 253-589-5548
Lakewood Police Department
- For emergencies, call 911
- Domestic violence helpline 253-498-4116
- Non-emergency line 253-798-4721
Crystal Judson Family Justice Center
- Domestic Violence Helpline 253-798-4166 or 1-800-764-2420
Rebuilding Hope: The Sexual Assault Center for Pierce County
- 24 hour crisis, information, and referral line: 253-474-7273 or 1-800-756-7273
YWCA Pierce County
- 24 hour crisis line: 253-383-2593 or firstname.lastname@example.org