Clover Park Technical College offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit classes through Community Education. Skill development classes are offered in various technical areas and are frequently changed based upon local industry and employment needs. The majority of the classes are offered on a part-time basis, scheduled in the evening or on weekends.
Know which classes you want to take? Find your class below and register online or you may also register in person by coming to the Workforce Development office in Building 19, Room 109 on the Lakewood Campus.
You do not have to apply to CPTC or register to be a regular student at CPTC to take continuing education classes.
Classes may need to be cancelled if enrollment is low, in case of emergency, or if the College is officially closed due to inclement weather. We often hold courses open until 24 hours before the first class meeting. If a class is cancelled, we will make every effort to call you. Please be sure to list day, evening and message phone numbers (with area code) when you register. You are also welcome to contact our office at 253-589-5575 during regular business hours, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. You may check our registration site at any time of the day to verify if your class will run. Find your class on the registration site and look for the green check mark next to the course description. In the case of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund by check or credit card depending on how you paid. Please allow ample time for refund check processing and credit card account transactions.
This schedule applies to both the course and material fees for Continuing Education courses and programs:
- 100%: Any time class is canceled by the College
- 100%: If you withdraw no later than 11:00 am on the day before the first class meeting by calling 253-589-5575 or by email at ContinuingEd@cptc.edu. In voicemail or email messages, please be sure to include your full name, a working telephone number, and the name of the class/program in which you are registered.
- 80%: If you withdraw after 11:00 am on the day prior to the first day of class or in the first week of a course/program that runs for two weeks or more.
- 0%: If you withdraw after class begins for a course/program that runs less than 2 weeks
- 0%: If you fail to attend class.