Clover Park Technical College offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit classes through Community Education. Skill development classes are offered in various technical areas and are frequently changed based upon local industry and employment needs. The majority of the classes are offered on a part-time basis, scheduled in the evening or on weekends.
Know which classes you want to take? Find your class below and register online or you may also register in person by coming to the Workforce Development office in Building 19, Room 109 on the Lakewood Campus.
You do not have to apply to CPTC or register to be a regular student at CPTC to take continuing education classes.
Tuition Installment Plan
Community Education classes are ellidgible for our Tuition Installment Plan. Visit the Tuition Installment Plan page to learn more.
Classes may need to be cancelled if enrollment is low, in case of emergency, or if the College is officially closed due to inclement weather. We often hold courses open until 24 hours before the first class meeting.
If a class is canceled, we will make every effort to call you using the information you provided at registration. Please be sure to provide accurate telephone and email information. We do not currently send text messages for cancellations.
You may check our registration site at any time of the day to verify if your class will run. Find your class on the registration site and look for the green check mark next to the course description.
In the case of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund by check or credit card depending on how you paid. Please allow ample time for refund check processing and credit card account transactions.
How to Cancel or Change Your Registration
- Contact our office at 253-589-5575 during regular business hours, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Email us at ContinuingEd@cptc.edu
- Provide your full name, the class and date for which you are registered, and a call-back number where a message can be left.
This schedule applies to both the course and material fees for Continuing Education courses and programs:
- 100%: Any time class is canceled by the College
- 100%: If you withdraw 48 hours before the first class meeting. Certain consumable and pass-thru fees (e.g. credit card transaction fees) are not refundable..
- 0%: If you fail to attend class for any reason without prior notice per instructions above. Roll-overs to future classes in lieu refund will not be permitted.
- Students receiving funding through a third party must adhere to the rules of the funding source (e.g., employer, Workforce funding, Labor & Industries)