1. New Students Must Apply for Admission to the College
Follow the steps to enroll at Clover Park Technical College and attend info session if required for your program: www.cptc.edu/apply
2. Create a Federal Student Aid ID
You must do this by visiting https://fsaid.ed.gov. The FSA ID allows you to sign the FAFSA or renewal FAFSA online as well as access other Federal Student Aid secure websites. If you are required to provide your parents’ information on the FAFSA, one of your parents will also need to create a Federal Student Aid ID.
3. Complete One of the Following and Submit it to the Processor
4. Complete Additional Required Documentation in the Financial Aid Portal
Visit www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal to see what additional documents are required. ALL students must submit all additional required documents to the financial aid office by the priority processing deadline for the quarter you want to begin classes.
2017 - 2018 School Year (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018)
SUMMER: APRIL 14, 2017
FALL: JULY 14, 2017
WINTER: OCT. 27, 2017
JAN. 19, 2018 New Date: FEB 16, 2018
2018 - 2019 School Year (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019)
SUMMER: MAY 25, 2018
FALL: AUG. 17, 2018
WINTER: NOV. 30, 2018
SPRING: FEB. 15, 2019
*Some funds are limited so apply early.
Students with financial aid inquiries regarding special circumstances, dependency over-rides, selective service requirement issues, and challenges setting up BankMobile disbursement preferences may schedule a 30 min appointment by contacting the Financial Aid Office at 253-589-5660. Appointments are available with the Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) advisor for assistance with FAFSA and WASFA applications by contacting the Financial Aid Office at 253-589-5660 or the EOC Advisor at 253-583-8823.
5. Optional Funding*
Complete the Direct Stanford Loan MPN, New Student Entrance Counseling, and Continuing Student Financial Awareness Counseling at: http://www.studentloans.gov
*Required for LPN and RN prerequisites.
Helpful Information about Financial Aid
- Students must complete a new FAFSA every October for the following academic year which begins July 1st. Depending on the time you plan on starting school, you may have to complete more than one FAFSA application.
- It is important to complete the FAFSA and submit all other required documentation to complete your financial aid file as early in the year as you can. Certain types of grant funds that schools receive are limited. Log in to the Financial Aid Portal to see what additional documents are required. www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal
- The Department of Education does not determine a student’s full eligibility for financial aid funds. The FAFSA information is only one piece of determining your financial aid eligibility. The Financial Aid Office uses information from the FAFSA, documentation you submit, admissions information, educational transcript information, and various federal and state databases to determine aid eligibility at Clover Park Technical College.
- Once the Financial Aid Office starts reviewing all of the information you have submitted, there is a chance that you may need to clarify information and submit more documentation. During peak processing times, it could take up to three months to review your file. By meeting the posted quarterly deadline dates, it’s our commitment to our students that files will be reviewed by the time the quarter starts.
Important Loan Eligibility Information
- LPN/RN prerequisites: The only type of financial aid students are eligible for are Direct Stafford Loans and only for a 12-month consecutive enrollment time frame.
- High EFC? You may only be eligible for Direct Stafferd Loan. Please check with the financial aid office to see if you qualify for a special circumstance.
- Already have a bachelor’s degree? You will only be eligible for Direct Stafford Loan funding.
- First time attending CPTC or haven’t attended in over a year and plan on taking out student loans? You will be required to serve a 30-day waiting period into your first quarter before loan funds can be disbursed.